J.F. Posthumus

J.F. Posthumus

About Me

My photo
Virginia, United States
A computer tech and artist that thrives on writing fantasy to escape the harshness of reality.
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Search

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Comic Con

Ok, so if everything keeps going alright, I'll be going to San Diego with my fiance' and two munchkins. *Fingers and toes crossed*. IF that happens (and I'm pretty certain it will -- Thanks to a great and amazing friend!) I'm really wanting to go visit several authors (Cindy, I'm coming for you first!) and artists. There's also this little thing called a "Portfolio Review" where you can have your artwork checked out by big-name places. Last year, they had Wizards of the Coast, Lucas films, Dark Horse, and plenty more. So, if a writer can query agents, then an artist can 'pitch' to these places. Meaning I'll be able to finally find out if my art is 'good', 'okay', or 'please-get-this-crap-away-from-me terrible'. So, somehow I need to get at least six portfolios done so I can 'shop' them around. What the heck, right? Sure can't hurt! (well, can't hurt anything but my ego, lol) Wish me luck!

0 comments: